COLUMBUS, OH –The 2nd Annual Ohio Wildlife Legacy Stamp photo contest is underway, challenging resident photographers to enter their best snapshots of a nativedragonfly or damsel fly. The winning photograph will be featured on the second Ohio Wildlife Legacy Stamp to be issued March 1, 2011, according to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR), Division of Wildlife.
The contest is open to Ohio residents, ages 18 years and older; one cash prize will be awarded to the winning photographer. Young photographers, age 17 and under, also are encouraged to submit their photographs of these winged jewels. The winner in this category will receive Web and print recognition.
The $15 Ohio Wildlife Legacy Stamp will be available for purchase online beginning March 1, 2011 at wildohio.com. By purchasing the stamp, you will be supporting restoration of endangered and threatened wildlife species, research projects, land purchases and conservation easements, and educational products for students and wildlife enthusiasts.
“The Legacy Stamp is a great way for anyone who supports wildlife causes to make a direct investment in the future of Ohio’s diverse wildlife population,” said Jim Marshall, acting chief of the ODNR Division of Wildlife.
Each year, a collectible stamp depicting a different animal will be issued to highlight the diversity of Ohio’s natural world. Last year, Russell Reynolds from Lima won the inaugural contest with his photograph of a male Baltimore oriole. Discover more about the stamp by visiting or calling 1-800-WILDLIFE.
- Open to Ohio residents, ages 18 years and older.*
- One cash prize totaling $500 will be awarded to the winning photographer.
- Youths up to 17 years of age may submit photos for Web and magazine recognition.
- Photos must be submitted by mail to be eligible— electronic images will not be accepted. Photo submissions will be accepted by mail between August 1 and August 22, 2010.
- Each photo must be accompanied by a completed entry form and $12 submission fee.
- Complete contest rules are available at wildohiostamp.com.
*Employees of the ODNR and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.
Help Keep the Wild in Ohio and enter your best photo of a native dragonfly or damselfly in this year’s Ohio Wildlife Legacy Stamp photo contest.
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources ensures a balance between wise use and protection of our natural resources for the benefit of all. Visit the ODNR Web site atwww.ohiodnr.com